Average of a custom field among a subgroup of issues

In the first part of my calculations, I must select a subgroup of issues, that is cumulative, month by month. I count only the issues that were in a specific status inside that month.
I created the Measure shown in the image to get such issues.

Each of these issues has a numeric custom field, and I need to get the average value of them, month by month.

The problem is: I do not know how to sumup ONLY the custom fields of the calculated Measure and nothing else.

I appreciate your help, please.
Greetings.
Antonio.

Hi @acelsodd

Since version 5.x we released new standard calculations for measures which should help in this case.
This feature would show results only on displayed time periods.
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/create-reports#Createreports-Addstandardcalculationsbasedonaselectedmeasure

But “Status” dimension is not the right dimension for historical periods.
Before you select “cumulative sum” from standard calculations, you should create a new calculated measure:

(
[Measures].[Issues history],
[Transition Status].[Efetivos]
)

And then you can enable the standard calculation for this measure to calculate cumulative values based on selected time periods.

Martins / eazyBI support

Hi, Martins,

The first part was solved. I created the Measure:

and it correctly brings for each month, the total of issues I expected.

Now, each of these issues has a numeric custom field named "Idade do defeito’ and I need to present, also, for each month, the following average:

(Sum of custom field ‘Idade do defeito’ of each issue shown for this month) / (Total issues shown for this month).

The divisor, is easy: it is exactly my Measure shown in the image above.
The problem is the dividend: how do I sumup all the ‘Idade do defeito’ custom field of such issues?

Thanks in advance.

Antonio

Hi,

I believe you are looking for this code:

NonZero(
AVG(
Filter(
Descendants([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
(
[Measures].[Issues history],
[Transition Status].[Efetivos]
)>0
),
[Measures].[Issue Idade do defeito]
)
)

Note it uses the AVG function already, therefore, you should not have a divisor anymore

And please make sure that you enable “Nonempty” cross-join for your row dimensions.

Martins / eazyBI support

Thanks again, Martins,

It was exactly that what I needed.
Greetings.
Antonio.