Average Resolution Time for tickets created in 2023 ONLY

Hello,
I am trying to create different reports to understand our work during 2023. We essentially want to see if we are resolving things faster this year than we did last year, but if we include tickets that were created in 2022 our metrics are going to be worse.

The problem: When I calculate resolution, I see the overall time but I want to see how it would look like if we only see what the resolution rate is for tickets created this year.

because the issues that were opened in 2022 for example, and were solved in 2023, are impacting the metrics of 2023, when I would like to see it in 2022

5:24

otherwise we may have worst numbers this year because we are still closing stuff from last year (as we probably did a lost in the first to quarters)
So I would like to see the metric for 2022 even if the ticket was resolved in 2023. and I want to see 2023 as a whole: created vs resolved exclusive this year

Is it possible to create a calculated measure that would isolate tickets created by year?

You can try conditional statement. An example can be like this.
(Note that the following measure will eliminate any issue not created in the time member. Like issue created in 2022 and closed in 2023 will be gone. These are not being re-classified under 2022 but just being exclude from 2023.)

Hi @Eliana_Colantonio

This formula will map the average resolution workdays to the year that the issue was created:

Avg(
  Filter(
    Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
    [Measures].[Issues created] > 0
  ),
  (
    [Measures].[Average resolution workdays],
    [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember
  )
)

@QiZhang
You are on the right path, but unfortunately, this statement does not filter any issues and just checks if the “Issues created” measure has a value in this row; if yes, it returns the “Average closing days” measure. Since there are “Issuse created” in 2022 and 2023, this measure will simply return the same result as without the conditional statement.
However, this formula would work if you had individual issues selected in Rows :slight_smile:

​Best regards,
​Nauris

1 Like