Burndown with a forecast

I would like to use a burndown with a forecast. I run into the following problems with the standard burndowns:

An epic burndown always refers to exactly one epic. Unfortunately we have two epics from two projects dying together in the mission
An epic burndown does not expect a forecast until three sprints have been completed. Since we expect a duration of six sprints, that would be way too late. We need a prognosis right from the start. Even with an assumed speed, if you like.
Release burndowns are ruled out, as we have already entered the Release / FixVersion field for FX elsewhere.
Do you have another idea? Can something like this possibly be mapped in eazyBI?

Hi @baryss ,

Welcome to the eazyBI community!

First, look at the presentation by my colleague Janis on various types of burn-down charts - Training videos on specific topics - eazyBI.

An Epic burndown can take two or more simultaneous Epics into account, for example, the Issue burn-down in Epic Demo report, you can select multiple Epics in pages. The filter on the measure “Time in Epic” will look for the time frame the issues from the Epic were added to Sprints.

Regarding forecast, you can alter the number of Sprints the calculation takes into account or look for the metric over time, rather than Sprints. Look at some of the prediction examples in our Demo account - Project Prediction report - Issues - Jira Demo - eazyBI.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com