Calculating the min and max target dates for a project

Hi,
for a report, we’d like to have a custom measure that visualizes for each project belonging to a specific Initiative:

• the target start, calculated based on the min date of the epics belonging to that specific project
  • the target end, calculated based on the max date of the epics belonging to that specific project

I’ve tried several formulas but nothing seems working as expected. Any suggestion?

Thanks ahead,
Claudio

Hi @klawde,

Try using the Head() and Tail() functions to get the min and max values from Epics for each project. Have a look at the formula below for a similar use case where the max created date is retrieved from particular project Epics:

Tail(
  Filter(
    Descendants([Issue.Epic].CurrentMember,[Issue.Epic].[Epic]),
    Not IsEmpty([Issue.Epic].CurrentMember.Get('Created at'))
    AND
    [Measures].[Issues created] > 0
  ), 1
).Item(0).Get('Created at')

Here is also a picture of a sample report:

Try to alter the formula to fit your use case. The eazyBI documentation page has more information creating calculated measures - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-measures-and-members.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

1 Like

Hi @roberts.cacus,

thanks for your useful post, I tried the same code and it worked as desired, then I tried to customize it in order to work with Due Date but I’m not able to find a solution.
I tried this:

Tail(
  Filter(
    Descendants([Issue.Epic].CurrentMember,[Issue.Epic].[Epic]),
    Not IsEmpty([Issue.Epic].CurrentMember.Get('Due Date'))
    AND
    [Measures].[Issue due date] > 0
  ), 1
).Item(0).Get('Due Date')

Where [Issue due date] is [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.get('Due date')

Any suggestion?
Thank you
Barbara

Hi @SAULEBA ,

The condition on the issue property “Issue due date” is the reason you don’t get the desired results:

[Measures].[Issue due date] > 0

Instead, try the measure “Issues with due date”.

Please see the eazyBI documentation page for more details on the differences between the two - Jira Core measures and dimensions.

Best,

HI @roberts.cacus ,

thanks for your answer! I tried [Measures].[Issues with due date] > 0 but the result is the same, an empty column.

Regards
Barbara

Hi @SAULEBA ,

I apologize for the late reply. Please export and share the definition of the report and a screenshot to the eazyBI support email support@eazybi.com. Also, include a reference to this community post so that I can find it.
See more details on how to export the report definition on the eazyBI documentation page - Create reports.

Best,