Change the subtasks Order

Hello everyone,

How do I change the order of my subtasks?

In Jira I changed the order of some subtasks, but the same didn’t happen in EazyBI because the organization of subtasks is by key.
How can I change this and make EazyBI have the same order of subtasks as Jira?

Regards,
Douglas

Hello,

We discussed this case directly via support email. The following is the summary of the solution.

Each issue sub-task describes one of the steps of a project. Sub-tasks have a common naming pattern; as sub-tasks are added manually, their names might slightly differ due to different capitalization, multiple variations of the articles, and extra spaces at the end of the name. Since sub-tasks can appear in loose sequence, the ordering by the issue key does not reflect the correct sequence of tasks.

The solution was to map each sub-task name to a sequence number. For that, a new calculated measure (in Measures) was created. To avoid variations in the sub-task names, each step was matched by a unique keyword (a unique non-changing part of the sub-task name), used in uppercase.

The resulting MDX expression was similar to the following:

CASE WHEN [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Level.Name <> "Sub-task"
THEN [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.GetString('DISPLAY_KEY') || '.00'
ELSE
  CASE 
  WHEN Ucase([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.GetCaption) MATCHES '.*RECEBIDA.*'
   THEN '.01'
  WHEN Ucase([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.GetCaption) MATCHES '.*CADASTRO.*'
   THEN '.02'
  WHEN Ucase([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.GetCaption) MATCHES '.*FATURAMENTO.*'
   THEN '.03'
  WHEN Ucase([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.GetCaption) MATCHES '.*EQUIPE.*'
   THEN '.04'
  WHEN Ucase([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.GetCaption) MATCHES '.*INSTALA.*'
   THEN '.05'
  END
END

This measure was added in the report columns and then used for ordering the list. After that, the measure was removed from the report table.
Read more about reordering by a measure here - Create reports

Kind regards,
Oskars / support@eazybi.com

Hi Oskars!

Thank you again, its worked perfect!

Regards,
Douglas