Color today column

Hi,

I did a report to see my company’s vacation planning with reference to the data entered on Tempo.

In this table we can see for each employee on each day if there is 1 or 0,5 day of vacation entered. There are filters made to see only the months that interest us and then we can filter by team and by employee if necessary.

It is represented like this:

• sorry for the copy on Excel

I would like to know if it is possible to put the column of the day’s date in a different color. I have tried cell formating but it is based on the value in the box and not the value in the column.

Do you have an idea or a suggestion to explore?

HI @jerome_lgr

You may want to set a condition on the measure “Days spent” and use a Custom formula for conditional formatting that checks if the applied date is the current date.

The formula would be the following:

CASE WHEN DateInPeriod(
  'today',
  [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember) AND
  [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.Level.Name = "Day"
THEN "COLORED_DAY"
END

The setup for the conditional formatting would look like this:

And the final report would look like this (remember to set the conditional formatting on the measure!).

Best,
Ilze, support@eazybi.com

1 Like

Oh great, it works :slight_smile: . I don’t know why I didn’t see the “custom formula” tab.

1 Like

I am happy to hear it works!

I forgot to mention a great presentation by my colleague Gerda where she shows different ways how to use conditional formatting: Paint With Your Data in eazyBI

Ilze

1 Like