Completed This Month - Improve my Measure

Is there a better way I could be writing this measure? I’m trying to display a count of tasks completed in the current month. Right now that would be what’s completed in the month of September but as soon as October 1st comes, I would like it to start calculating for completed in the month of October. I have my measure in a state that I will have to update it every month.

Sum(
Filter(
DescendantsSet([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
DateBetween([Measures].[Issue resolution date],“September 01 2022”,‘today’)
),
[Measures].[Issues resolved])

Hi @Alyssa_A

You are correct about focusing on the measure “Issues resolved”: only you do not need to create a custom calculation in this case. Instead, use “Issues resolved” in columns and add, in Pages, Time dimension calculated member “Current month” (it should already be in the dimension):

This calculated member dynamically retrieves the current month (September when there was Sept 30 and October for today (October 3)) and filters selected measures by it.

Best,
Ilze, support@eazybi.com

Thank you for this. But this unfortunately won’t work for my report as I have various measures that I don’t want to be impacted by the time measure. Only the column that I have selected in the image is the one that show data for the current month. Any ways to improve the ‘Completed This Month’ measure?

Sum(
Filter(
DescendantsSet([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
DateBetween([Measures].[Issue resolution date],“October 01 2022”,‘today’)
),
[Measures].[Issues resolved])

Hi

Indeed, if you select a Time member in Pages, all other measures will be impacted, and then applying time directly to a specific measure is the right solution. While iterating through issues return result, it might get slow.
Instead, create a measure using a tuple from the measure and time member:

([Measures].[Issues resolved],
 [Time].[Current month])

Measures with tuples are very useful for retrieving values from specific dimension members (issue type, period, user, etc); measures with tuples are fast. Read more in the documentation: Tuple

Best,
Ilze, support@eazybi.com