Count of issues that exist a defined amount of days from creation

Greetings!

I found this thread that helped me build a report I was looking for: Report on issues closed within number of days from creation - #2 by martins.vanags

• Ability to see the count of issues created (using Issues Created measure)
  • Ability to see the count of issues that have been closed within 90 days of creation
  • Percentage of close rate (i.e. dividing the number of issues closed within 90 days of creation by the nnumber of issues created).

One thing that I noticed, though, was that the moment new items were created it would instantly drop that percentage because they were incrementing the issues created amount and thus impacting the close rate. Therefore, we are looking to add a column to our table that would show the count of issues which are older than 90 days from the creation date. Is there a recommended pre-existing measure, or a way to build a new measure to get this info?

Thanks!

Hi @J.E,

The solution from the post-Report on issues closed within number of days from creation - #2 by martins.vanags groups data by the measure “Issues created” that constantly growing with new issues and group issues by the creation date. Thus results for past periods are changeing whenevere some issue gets resolved.
You might want to use the measure “Issues resolved” so it would count the issue by the period of resolution and would not change data for past periods.

NonZero(Count(
  Filter(
    Descendants([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
    Not IsEmpty([Measures].[Issue resolution date])
    AND
    [Measures].[Issues resolved] > 0
    AND
    Datediffdays(
      DateWithoutTime([Measures].[Issue created date]),
      DateWithoutTime([Measures].[Issue resolution date])
    )<=90
  )
))

You may consider another approach and use the “Resolution Interval” dimension to group issues by the time to resolve them. Here are described how to enable this dimension and specify the duration for each interval: Interval dimensions.

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com