Creating issue count by Target Start Date (based on quarters)

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to get a count of issues based on their target start dates. The target start dates may vary from issue to issue, so I need to group them by quarter. So based off of another page filter, I can select the number of issues (by total) based off the target start date grouping (ex. Q1 would be Jan 1 - Mar 31). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi @jchouinard

Actually, there is.
You should ensure that your custom date picker field is imported as measures (selected in import options).
That should create a set of new measures in the “Measures” dimension where you could use the measure “Issues with target start date” together with the “Time” dimension to find issues with a custom field value that belongs to the selected quarter.

Martins / eazyBI support

Thank you Martins! That worked. My next obstacle is this:
I need to not only count the issues with a target start for that quarter (which I now have). I also need to know of how many of those issues were resolved in that same quarter. I am trying to attempt a sort of Say/Do Ratio for the features.

@jchouinard

In that case, you would need to create a new calculated measure for this calculation.
Try this MDX formula for that. But you have to update the code with the correct name for your imported date picker field.

NonZero(
Count(
Filter(
Descendants([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
DateInPeriod(
[Issue].CurrenthierarchyMember.getdate('Date picker field name'), --when imported as property
[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember
)
AND
[Measures].[Issues with <date picker field name>]>0 --when imported as measures
AND
DateInPeriod(
[Issue].currentMember.getdate('Resolved at'),
[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember
)
)
)
)

That should count issues that were resolved in the selected period and also where imported date picker field value belongs to the same selected period.

Martins / eazyBI support