Creation of Calculated Member with substring

Hi,

I need to create a calculated member for Fix Version to capture specific group of releases.
i tried using

Aggregate(
Filter([Fix Version].[Fix Version].Members,
[Fix Version].CurrentMember.Name MATCHES ‘^FilterRel*’
)
)

I was expecting all artefacts that are tagged to Fix Version FilterRel_01, FilterRel_02, etc. to be fetched. However there is no data that is getting fetched.

Can you help me with what am I missing here?
with warm regards
Amit

Hi @aspandit ,

Try to address the correct level in the Filter() function. The Fix Version dimension doesn’t have a “Fix Version” level. Try the “Version” level. See the suggested formula below:

Aggregate(
  Filter([Fix Version].[Version].Members,
    [Fix Version].CurrentMember.Name MATCHES '^FilterRel.*'
  )
)

See the Fix Version dimension hierarchy levels by expanding the dimension “All hierarchy level members” section. See the screenshot below:

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Thanks for the response Robert. I did check the members hierarchy for Fix Version and it has Project, Status and Version. So as suggested, I corrected the Filter Function to use Version but still it is not returning me the multiple FilterRel versions in the calculated member.

Hi @aspandit ,

In that case, please share a screenshot of the Fix Version dimension level members that have the member names that you are looking for. The screenshot could look similar to the one below:

Best,

Hi @aspandit ,

If you need to filter by CR or Poseidon, then use them as the regular expression. The formula does not return any results, because there are no Fix Version dimension “Version” level members with the name starting “FilterRel”. See the example for CR below:

Aggregate(
  Filter([Fix Version].[Version].Members,
    [Fix Version].CurrentMember.Name MATCHES '^CR.*'
  )
)

See more details on regular expression on the eazyBI documentation page - Regular expressions - eazyBI for Jira.

Best,

Thanks Robert. Your suggestion worked.