Custom hierarchy for multiple_values from imported links

Hi,

I’ve setup a custom hierarchy Story -> Test -> Testplan from imported issues links between the issue types.

The hierarchy works in general but a parent issue (Story) might more then one linked child. This created the situation that instead of getting the child issue information, I get the list of children as comma-separated list.

So in each level of the hierachy only one child exists which prevents the lower levels from working properly.

Example:

expected result)

• Story-12
    -> Test 2
    –> Testplan 3
    -> Test 15
    –> Testplan 16
    –> Testplan 17

a) - works fine but is rarely the case
Story-1
-> Test 2
–> Testplan 3

b) kind of works but doesn’t solve the issue
Story-4
-> “Test 2, Test 5, Test 6”
–> (none)

c) also doesn’t solve the issue

• Story-7
    -> Test 8
    –> “Testplan-10,Testplan-11”

So I thought I use “multiple_values=true” and split_by="," to have more then just one child per level. However as soon as I enter the multi value part into the import definition the hierarchy doesn’t work at all.

How do I get multiple children per level working from imported issue links in a custom hierachy?

Thanks.

Hi Erik,

Would you mind to send additional information for troubleshooting to support@eazybi.com?

Please send

1. Link configuration in Jira (screenshots of Jira issues where I could see how all level issues are linked with each other)
  2. Additional settings

Ilze
support@eazybi.com

Hello,

in the screenshots you’ll find the advanced settings setup for the issue links and hierarchy.(see picture)

The Issue linkage:

High-level issue
-> “is Change for Scope”

• Story-1
  • Story-2

Story
-> “is tested by”

• Test-3
  • Test-4

The link between test and testplan is a xray customfield and therefore no issuelink as such. However even without this last hierarchy item I don’t get the expected result.

I hope this helps to validate.
Regards,
Erik

Is there any way to make this work?
Thank in advance.

Hi Erik

Did you get anywhere with this? I am having exactly the same issue.

Cheers
Maree