Cycle time Heatmap

Hi, guys. Is there any possibility to calculate how many days all items spent on each stage?
For example. During last month our team closed 100 Jira tickets. We have usual flow: Ready For work / In progress / Validation / Done stages.
Can I calculate how many days were spent on each stage for all 100 issues?

Here is an example of what I need click

Hi, @Andrey_Konischev

Welcom to the eazyBI community!

Thank you for the additional graph.

The measure you need is “Transition to Status” and the dimension “Transition Status” in the columns. And based on the picture you posted - the Priority dimension for the rows. Please see the example below.

For the heatmap, please use the Cell formatting on the “Transition to status” measure.

Please define your desired minimum, midpoint, and maximum for your heatmap under the section “Heatmap”.

If you want to see the transition for the issues in each status, use the Issue dimension in the rows instead of Priority.

Kindly,
Ilze

Hello Ilze,
Thank you for your detailed reply.
The report looks better now and we followed your advice on using the Issue dimension in the rows instead of Priority.

Still now the report shows that the issue was in some status. But still we do not know how many days the issue spent in this status. For example, withing the month 26 issues were resolved, all of them were in In progress status but how many days - it is not clear from the report.

Maybe you can help with ths :slight_smile:

Hi, @irina.zagarina

Welcom to the eazyBI community.

Please use the “Days in transition status” measure with the Transition status dimension and Issues dimension in rows to show the duration.

Please explore more issue change history measures, here: Import issue change history

The report should look something like this:

Kindly,
Ilze Mezīte
support@eazybi.com

1 Like

Hi Ilze,

Thanks for such a quick reply.

We have a question about the calculation of “Days in transition status” values.
For example, we see on a histogram the value “793.752340” for “In Progress” status in July. And I consider two possible options of how it was calculated:

1. The report takes all the issues that were closed in July and calculates how many days all they were in “In Progress” status specifically in July

2. The report takes all the issues that were closed in July and calculates how many days all these issues were in “In Progress” status overall (for example, some work on issues were started in June.
    Will the days from June also be calculated in this report?).

Can you please help us to understand which option is true for this report?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, @irina.zagarina

Sorry for not answering earlier.

The closest is nr. 2.

Let’s go through an example:
Issue A: Open (1.1.2023) → In Progress (1.1.2023) → Testing (15.01.2023) → In Progress (18.01.2023) → Testing 1.2.2023 → In Progress (20.02.2023) → Done (23.02.2023)

Let’s count all the time spent in the “In Progress.”
1st time: 14 days from 01.01.2023 - 15.01.2023
2nd time: 12 days from 18.01.2023 - 01.02.2023
3rd time: 3 days from 20.02.2023 - 23.02.2023

If choosing “January” in the Time dimension, Days in transition status, in this case, only the first 14 days from 01.01.2023 - 15.01.2023 cause the second doesn’t end in January, it ends in February.

If choosing “February” in the time dimension, Days in transition status, in this case, count 12 days from the 2nd and 3 days from the 3rd = 15 days, because both In Progress ended in February.

I hope this is clearer now.

If you want to see all the time together 1st + 2nd + 3rd = 29 days, then you need to use the Issue Cycles instead of Days in transition status. Please read more about the “Issue Cycles” here: Issue cycles

At the end of the Issue Cycle page, there is a video of my collage Elita, I suggest watching it first.

Kindly,
Ilze