Cycle Time specific statuses

Hello,

I’d like to make a valid configuration to represent issues that were part of certain transition:
IN PROGRESS → REVIEW (for story/task issues)
//
IN PROGRESS → RESOLVED (for bug issues)

How shall I implement such a thing?

I’ve tried using the information which is shared on other discussions from community but didn’t help for my requirement.

thanks!

Hi @Sagigu

Try creating a new calculated measure using this formula:

(
[Issue Type].[Bug],
[Transition].[In Progress => Resolved],
[Measures].[Days in transition status]
)
+
Aggregate({
[Issue Type].[Story],
[Issue Type].[Task]
},
(
[Transition].[In Progress => Review],
[Measures].[Days in transition status]
)
)

That should calculate the days in transition status “In Progress” before the status was changed.

Martins / eazyBI

Hey Martin thanks for the suggestions!
I’ve added it as a new measure and the data that is shown is confusing. First of all I want that each seperate bar will represent different “average days in transition”, therefore:
TASK: will represent the average time that it needed to transition from IN PROGRESS → REVIEW (for task)
STORY: will represent the average time that it needed to transition from IN PROGRESS → REVIEW (for story)
BUG: will represent the average time that it needed to transition from IN PROGRESS → RESOLVED (for bugs)

the current suggestion doesn’t do that. I wonder if it’s possible implement such a thing.

The formula hardcoded calculation steps for issue types, assuming that “Issue type” is not used in the report anymore.
That is why it returns the same results for the all issue types in rows.

If you want to split the calculation by issue types you need a different formula for your calculated measure:

CASE 
WHEN
[Issue Type].CurrentMember is
[Issue Type].[Bug]
THEN
Sum((
[Transition].[In Progress => Resolved],
[Measures].[Average days in transition status]
))
WHEN
[Issue Type].CurrentMember is
[Issue Type].[Story]