Date dimention - How to filter correctly?

Hello,

I’m new to EazyBI and have a question about the time dimention which I have a lot of difficulties understanding how it works.

I would like to have cost quality time indicators filtered on specific month for the creation date (for instance)

My quality calculated members is like this :

CASE WHEN [Measures].[Issues created] > 0 THEN

([Transition Status].[Reopened],
[Measures].[Transitions to status issues count])
/[Measures].[Issues created]

END

The issue is :
I can have issues created during one month, and resolved during another one.
Right now, for those issues, I am unable to calculate the quality indicator because the calculation is done month by month for both creation and reopen transitions.
I want my quality indicator to not care about date, I just want to be able to filter on the creation date so that I don’t have a calculation for all of my issues…

I know I could use the measure ‘creation date’ and filter on it, but I don’t think I can do a dynamic filter like ‘current month’, and I couldn’t have a synthetic indicator month by month

I hope I was clear, and I hope there is a solution to this issue.

Thank you for your help !

Regards,
Adrien

Hi Adrien,

The following formula of a custom measure counts the number of issues created during the month and having any transition to the Reopen status later (regardless of when it happened).

NonZero(Count(
  Filter(Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
  [Measures].[Issues created]>0
  AND
  ([Measures].[Transitions to status issues count],
   [Transition Status].[Reopened],
   [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember)>0
  )
))

The idea is that we filter the issues created during the period and then check if the same issue has any transition to the reopened status later.

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

Hello Janis,

Thank you a lot !
I’ll look into it :slight_smile:
Have a nice day

Regards,
Adrien