Days in a specific status

Hi, guys.

Let´s suppose I have the following workflow:

Backlog >>> Development >>> Ready for test >>> Test >>> Ready for deploy >>> Deployed

The bold status above are considered work stopped. The italic status above are in execution.

How can I create the calculated members:

1 - Stopped = calculate number of days in Backlog + calculate number of days in Ready for test + calculate number of days in Ready for deploy

2 - In Execution = calculate number of days in Development + calculate number of days in Test

I realize I can have the cumulative days in status with measure days in transition. But I don´t know how to sum them.

I tryed using the cumulative days code below to create, but wasn´t able to choose the specific status I wanted to sum:
– cumulative days in transition
Cache(SUM(
{PreviousPeriods([Time].CurrentHierarchyMember),
[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember},
[Measures].[Workdays in transition status]
))

Hi @Raphael_Teodoro_Silv,

I answered your question in the support ticket. Here is a recap of it:

To create the calculations you are looking for, at first, please try to create two calculated members in the Transition Status dimension which will aggregate the desired statuses in two groups - “Stopped” and “In Execution”. For the group “Stopped”, the calculated member in the Transition Status dimension could look like this:

Aggregate({ 
  [Transition Status].[Backlog],
  [Transition Status].[Ready for test],
  [Transition Status].[Ready for deploy]
})

Please create the calculated member for the group “In Execution” in a similar fashion. After this, you can add the Transition Status dimension to the Columns and select the two calculated members and the measure “Workdays in transition status”. Please have a look at how it would look like in a sample report:
355049d61eec227bad6538e8c05726df.png

Alternatively, you can try to create measures by forming a tuple of the measure “Workdays in transition status” and each of the Transition Status calculated members. For example:

([Measures].[Workdays in transition status],
[Transition Status].[In Execution])

This way you don’t need to keep the Transition Status dimension in Columns.

Please have a look at our documentation page for more information on calculated members - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-members.

Kind regards,
Roberts // eazyBI support

1 Like