EazyBI project comparison

Hello,

I am trying to create a comparison view between two projects. However I am unsure of how to set up to view.

To add context. We have an RFQ project where we predicted the maximum hours for each ticket (and assigned it to a single user). We then created the actual project when we won business.

We wish to compare the hours across both projects and do a differences report on the project hours.

But I can’t seem to work out how to create a measure to make this work. Both projects have been added to the view. However when I reference both projects (by adding a measure [project][project1] [project project 2] I’d expect the view to have both projects in a column view.

This is clearly incorrect (as it doesn’t work) so I guess the question is. How can I achieve this?

Thank you

Hi @rem,

Do you want to compare the estimated work in one project with the work logged in another project? If that is the case, I recommend adding any dimension to the report rows. For convenience, you can use the Project dimension and keep the “All” member. Then, define two new calculated measures:

• Estimated hours in project A:
([Measures].[Original estimated hours],
[Project].[A])
  • Work logged in project B:
([Measures].[Hours spent],
[Project].[B])

The report could look similar to the one below.

You can switch to the Gauge chart view and compare project B execution by specifying the estimate from project A as the upper limit. See the screenshot below:

Visit the eazyBI documentation page for more details on defining calculated measures and customizing the Gauge chart.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

This is exactly what I need thanks!

1 Like