Filter Issue Type from Sprint Story Points Completed based on Transition Status Category "Done"

I am having an issue with getting correct data on completed Story Points.
I am using the code below to show both Sprint Velocity as well as break out Bugs from the calculation. It is pulling in Issue Types: Story, Support Issue and Bug.
I do not want the “Won’t Do” status to be considered a “Done” status so I updated the Source Data import accordingly. i.e. Closed Statuses are “Closed” and “Done”.

(
  [Measures].[Sprint Story Points at closing],
  [Transition Status.Category].[Done]
)
-
(
  [Issue Type].[Bug],
  [Transition Status.Category].[Done]
)

The final report…

The issue is that in the final Sprint: EMP CB PI24.1 Spr 1, The purple bar show’s “33” Story Points. It should be “30” as one of the issues is a Support Issue that was set to “Won’t Do” status.
I do not know why it shows this way since I set the eazyBI Closed statuses to not include “Won’t Do”.

Hello @wojo3,

Thanks for posting your question!

Updating the status in the source import data field will not give you the necessary result. This is where you define which statuses are considered as “Closed”, but it’s not the same as Jira Category “Done”. You can read more about the Issues Closed measure in our documentation: Issues closed measure

Status Categories are pulled in from Jira automatically and you can not modify the Status Category. Instead you could define a new calculated member in the Transition status dimension ang group required statuses that you would consider as “Done”. Learn more about calculated members in other dimensions here: Calculated members in other dimensions

For example, if you would like to group “Closed” and “Done” statuses, you could create a new calculated member in the “Transition Status” Dimension. For example purposes, we are naming the calculated member as “Done without Won’t Do”

Aggregate({ 
  [Transition Status].[Closed],
  [Transition Status].[Done]
})

Once this is done, you can include this calculated member in the following tuple function:

(
[Issue Type].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember
[Transition Status].[Done without Won't Do]
)
-
(
[Issue Type].[Bug],
[Transition Status].[Done without Won't Do]
)

I hope this helps!

Best,
Marita // support@eazybi.com

Thank you Marita for the explanation and suggestion. I will give that a try.

1 Like