Filter issues by type and text property

Hello!
I am new to eazyBI reports, excuse my probably dumb question.
Currently I have a simple report that displays the number of ‘Bug’ issues per status:

I want to modify it so it only counts the ‘Bug’ issues whose custom field ‘Customer ID’ is not empty.
It seems pretty simple but I didn’t manage to get the expected result.

Can anyone shed some light on my problem?

Thank you very much in advance!

You would like to import Customer ID as a dimension into eazyBI. You can use this dimension on pages and select all customers from there with multiple selections. eazyBI will create a member (none) to represent that there is no customer in the issue.

You can create a calculated member where you group all customers Except (none).

Aggregate(
  Except(
    [Customer ID].[Customer ID].Members,
    [Customer ID].[(none)])]
  )
)

Then you can select this calculated member for a report and use as a Pages selection. It will filter out issues with customers.

Please check if dimension name and level Customer ID is correct one.

Daina / support@eazybi.com

Hello Daina,

Thank you for your support. I was investigating and it appears that I cannot import Customer ID as a dimension due to the field type definition in Jira (it is a free text field).
Is there any other thing that I can try?

Thank you again :slight_smile:
Jonathan

eazyBI offers default import options based on a detected custom field type. You could override the custom field definition by adding additional options on how to import the custom field.

Here is a custom field definition example, that overrides default setup:

[jira.customfield_NNNNN] 
   data_type = "string" 
   dimension = true

Use the Jira custom field ID instead of NNNNN in the definition above.

Please make sure that the data could be transfered to a new data type.

Add the updated custom field definition to eazyBI advanced settings or ask Jira administrator or eazyBI administrator to do this for you. eazyBI advanced settings are common for all accounts and only Jira/eazyBI administrators have access to the settings.

Updating Text to String could work with additional selection in eazyBI.
Open import options for edit after changes in advanced settings and select the custom field for import as dimension and run an import.

Any other data type change might not work by default for already imported custom fields. You would like to remove previous data structures for those custom fields and only then import new ones.
Please run an import twice after those changes:

1. Open import options for edit and deselect the custom field from import settings (any selection), save settings and run an import. This import should delete any data structures for this custom field.
  2. Open import options for edit once more and select the custom field back for import. Save settings and run an import. This import should create new data structures for your custom field.

Daina / support@eazybi.com

2 Likes