Get Date of Issue Type Signature to Defect transition

Is there a way to get the Date of the Issue Type transition from Signature to Defect in eazyBI JIRA?

To state the problem another way: in JIRA, the Issue Type started out as a Signature, but some number of days later was changed to Defect, so how can I find the date of the Issue Type transition from Signature to Defect in eazyBI JIRA?

Regards,
Brian

Hi @BrianS,

eazyBI collects data on issue change history including issue type changes and you can access those data using historical measures: Import issue change history

You may define a new calculated measure that would ook for the transition date when was changes issues type field value to “Defect”. For the calculations use a tuple expression like this:

CASE WHEN --issue is Defect now
  CoalesceEmpty([Measures].[Issue type],"") = "Defect"
THEN --check when changed issue type from Signature for the first time
TimestampToDate((
  [Measures].[Transition from first timestamp],
  [Transition Field].[Issuetype],
  [Issue Type].[Signature],
  [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember
))
END

More details on calculated measures, conditions, and tuple expressions are here: Calculated measures

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Zane,

Thank you for your response to my question. I’ll give it a try.

Regards,
Brian

I have a follow up question on this same topic. I implemented Zane’s suggested custom measure for capturing the timestamp of the “Signature” to “Defect” transition (see the first two attached images).

For debugging purposes, I set the eazyBI Page filter to just one JIRA issue which was opened as a “Signature” on 2/2/2022 and transitioned from “Signature” to “Defect” on 2/13/2022. Is it possible to have a custom issue created that counts the issue as created on 2/13/2022 that based on the “Signature” to “Defect” transition on 2/13/2022?

Transition_1
Transition_1_results

I’ve attached a mock up of the desired custom issue created result (i.e. issue counted as created on 2/13/2022 instead of 2/2/2022):
Desired Transition Created

I’m fairly new to eazyBI and have tried different custom measures without success.

Brian

Hi @BrianS,

The given expression works only when individual issues are on report rows or selected in the page filter.

You may update the expression so it would aggregate results for the selected period even there are no individual issues selected in the report. Add aggregate function Sum() and functions Filter() and Descendant() to iterate through issues and check on the date when changed issue type. If the date falls in the selected period, then count the issue for that period. The updated expression might look like this:

Sum(
  --set of issues with issue type Defect now
  Filter(
    Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
    CoalesceEmpty([Measures].[Issue type],"") = "Defect"
  ), 
  --sum up issues with issue type changes in selected period
  CASE WHEN DateInPeriod(
    --date changed issue type from Signature for the first time
    TimestampToDate((
      [Measures].[Transition from first timestamp],
      [Transition Field].[Issuetype],
      [Issue Type].[Signature],
      [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember
    )),
    --selected period in the report
    [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)
  THEN 1
  END
)

Here are more details on aggregate functions and mentioned functions to iterate through issues:

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Zane,

Thank you for your response to my follow up question. I’ll give it a try.

Regards,
Brian