How might I use Javascript to calculate a complex Jira query on import

Hello,
We have a complex Jira Filter that looks at all our bugs tracked for MUST FIX

“Program(s)” = TAILSPIN AND project = “Our Firmware” AND type = Bug AND status not in (“Build Candidate”, Resolved, “Fix Verification”, Closed, “Awaiting Review”) AND (priority in (Blocker, Critical) OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(“project = TEST and TestRunStatus = FAIL”))

We have attempted to build similar queries (mix of AND and OR statements) with MDX calculated measures and ran into Memory timeouts.

I have reviewed the article on complex filters MDX vs Javascript https://community.eazybi.com/uploads/short-url/5RawfmS2F7F7DAwS4CNknkMC9Eo.pdf

I am not a code developer but with my limited MDX experience I believe the article is suggesting that moving the query into a Javascript at the data import time will then remove the timeout issues seen with the complex AND and OR queries using calculated dimensions and measures.

My question:
If my understanding is correct then can I create a custom Javascript field, let’s call it “Must Fix” that I can then use in a standard EazyBI chart that could filter Issue History against the new custom field “Must Fix” under Pages?

If so please advise what the Javascript needs to be to recreate the Jira Query and would it then be as easy as putting “Must Fix” under pages?
“Program(s)” = TAILSPIN AND project = “Our Firmware” AND type = Bug AND status not in (“Build Candidate”, Resolved, “Fix Verification”, Closed, “Awaiting Review”) AND (priority in (Blocker, Critical) OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(“project = TEST and TestRunStatus = FAIL”))

Hi,

The approach described in the presentation explains how to use the Javascript calculated custom fields to avoid MDX formulas’ performance problems. In many cases, it is possible to make the report just as you said by replacing complex filtering with the “Yes/No” selection in a custom-created dimension.

Unfortunately, there are limitations to this approach to implement such a filter fully. The challenging part is the filtering by the linked issues because not all the fields of the linked issues are available in eazyBI during the import runtime and cannot be accessed in the Javascript. After the OR part, the filter checks if the issue has any linked issue in the TEST project with failing test status.

We could detect the project status but cannot see the custom fields to check the test run status. Here you can see what we can access in the Javascript:
19fb34de39403d8e6cbae5669c5138b1

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support