How to concatenate links names from property?

Hi all,
this is my first post, and I hope you can help me :slight_smile:

I have a list of issues in rows and I have calculated member to show the property “Relates to”. This property can handle one or more Jira IDs:
[Measures].[Relates To] = [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.get(‘relates to’)

so far so good.
Now I need to show names of those links instead of IDs.

As long as “Relates To” has only one ID, such formula will work:
[Issue].[Issue].GetMemberByKey([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.get(‘relates to’)).Name

But if “Relates To” has more than one ID, Name will return #null

Can I somehow iterate through the IDs from “Relates to” and concatenate the names?

Thanks,
Filip

Function GetMemberByKey works for single-member search only. You can use a function GetMembersByKeys to search for many members (using a comma-separated list of keys).

However, you can’t simply represent the values with this approach, as GetMembersByKeys has a set of members as a result. You would need to use another function to show names. For example, you can use function Generate to get a string as a result of a set of members using any member property:

Generate(
    [Issue].[Issue].GetMembersByKeys([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get("relates to")),
    [Issue].CurrentMember.Name , ",")

Another option is using a function GetLinkedMemberNames, here are some restrictions, though. The function will work in the same level (will work in default Issue hierarchy, but can retrieve empty results for other hierarchies if linked issues are on a different level in the hierarchy).

[Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.getLinkedMemberNames("relates to", "," )

Daina / support@eazybi.com

Thank You so much - it works :slight_smile: