How to convert issue links to text in eazybi reporting

I have a report where I use Related Requirement as a Measure. This Measure shows the related requirement links (screenshot below), but I was wondering if there was a way in eazybi to actually show the Issue description in text instead.

For instance, instead of showing link ‘254’ can I make it show link ‘Feature 1’. ‘Feature 1’ would be the summary/description of the Requirement Issue Type in Jira.

Hi @Mark_Z

Please try defining a new calculated measure with the below formula and see if it returns the expected results:

[Issue].[Issue].GetMemberNamesByKey(
[Measures].[Issue Related Requirement]
)

Best wishes,

Elita from support@eazybi.com

This works well. Is there a way to hide the issue key when adding this customer measure? I rather just have the text without issue key since issue key.

Hi @Mark_Z

You could try the below formula and see if returns the expected results:

Generate(
[Issue].[Issue].GetMembersByKeys(
  [Measures].[Issue Related Requirement]
),
ExtractString(
  [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Name,
  ".*\-\d+\s(.*)", 1
),
chr(10)
)

Best wishes,

Thank you Elita.

One other question I had: Is it possible to reflect a field from another issue type onto eazybi report?

For example: I have Features showing in my Eazybi report with issue links = Related Requirement. Can I show a field from the Related Requirement issue into my eazybi report?

Hi @Mark_Z

I’m not sure if I fully understand the question, but you could take a look of this demo report - Stories with Bugs details - Issues - eazyBI Demo Training - eazyBI… This is a report that shows Bugs that are linked with Stories. Bugs is the custom field imported into eazyBI as issue links. You will notice a measure “Bug status” in this demo report. Is this something you are looking for?

Best wishes,