Import fields in eazyBI from Checklist for Jira app

@Christopher_Gervais

Try adding these lines to advanced settings definition for your field:

multiple_values = true
split_by = ","

Then reimport the field again to re-calculate the field for all issues one more time.

Hello Martins,

Still no success and same error :-/
Is it possible that the version of checklist affect the import?
Cause right now we are on 4.2.3 for Checklist (updating really soon)
EazyBI we are up to date with 6.4.1

Thank you :slight_smile:

@Christopher_Gervais

That could be the version problem.
Please try updating Checklist version and try again.

Martins / eazyBI

Hello Martins,

After updating both plugins, I still got the same error I mention 2 months ago :frowning:
Do you have any more suggestion that could help?

@Christopher_Gervais

Try opening “import options” page and deselect the field “Checked Aceptance Criteria”. That would drop the current field definition in eazyBI.

When first import is completed, select the field again for import and import data again.
This time make sure that you have multiple_values = true and split_by = “,” lines in advanced settings prior importing the field in eazyBI.

If that still didn’t help, please reach out to support@eazybi.com and send the Rest API results in a text file for issue EA-185 from Jira.

Also, send the latest advanced settings you use to define the new field.

Martins / eazyBI

Love this thread!

I’d love to import Checklist for Jira (by Okapya) into eazyBI - hoping I can adapt these approaches to work with that add-on.

1 Like

Hi team,

Can you help me to find the custom field id for Checklist? I could not get to that.

Hi @jrajesh

Try this documentation page to find out custom field IDs: How to find any custom field's IDs | Jira | Atlassian Documentation

Martins / eazyBI

Hi Martins!
In case of having two lists (one input and one output) both with different ID, what should the “[jira.customfield_chlnames]” look like for both?

Regards!

@BenjaminMella

In case of two lists, you would need to generate two unique custom fields IDs
Something like

[jira.customfield_chlnames1]

and

[jira.customfield_chlnames2]

Martins / eazyBI

Hi @martins.vanags ,

thanks for the posted solution - this is exactly what I am trying to do.

Unfortunately, the Jira Server we use has a rate limit configured, which would result in an error 429 to be thrown (due to too many REST API calls). Thus, I am looking for a different solution to import my checklist customfield data.

I stumbled across the json_fields configuration parameter, which allowed me to retrieve the checklist customfield, but I could only retrieve an array of strings (actually the titles of the checklist items), but would need an array of structs instead (to access the ‘checked’ member).

Is there any way to configure json_fields such that this can be achieved?

Best regards
Christoph

Hey @christoph.rilke
Unfortunately, you can not configure json_fields parameter.

This parameter is an array type of field, where you can provide custom fields that are not being imported themselves but are necessary for Javascript code when defining new calculated fields.
Moreover, this parameter is only for Cloud infrastructure.

Instead, I recommend increasing the rate limit for the user who imports data in eazyBI.

Here is a post on rate limits
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/improving-instance-stability-with-rate-limiting-983794911.html

Martins / eazyBI