Issues are reported in wrong cycle with "Issues in <cycle>"

Hi,
I want to build a report which shows the number of open issues by “involved party” at the end of a given time period (usually by month). I make use of previously defined issue cycles to assign certain statuses to their reponsible party. The measures I use are “Issues in ”

When double-checking the report by drilling through I quickly noticed an oddity. I found several issues which have been moved at 1/31 ~ 3 pm from cycle “A” to cycle “B” but they show in cycle “A” for January. Another option is an issue which belongs to cycle “C” at the end of April but is listed in "A. In addition, adding “Open issues” gives a number which is NOT the sum of all cycles (it is less). I assume this is a follow-up problem because I identified issue reported in up to three different cycles for a given time period.

What could be the reason for this? Am I misunderstanding the measures?

Hi

Indeed, “Issues in /cycle/” shows issues still in the cycle at the end of the selected time period. However, you may want to check the account time zone. If the issue is imported into the account with a different time zone than the server’s default time zone, the cycle end time will also be recalculated. Then, you can see the differences between expected and imported data.

To troubleshoot that, select this suspicious issue in the report rows and issue property “Issue end date” (and change the formatting so it would show the exact time) in columns.
You will see what cycle end date is imported, compare it with the transition date in Jira, and see if the difference is related to the time zone.

My example: the cycle Progress end date is imported Aug 8, and the account timezone is GMT -10h:

while in Jira, the transition happened on Aug 9, and the default timezone is GMT +3h:

In my case, the issue was not shown as “Issues in Progress” already on Aug 8, while, based on Jira data, I would expect it to be counted.

Best,
IlzeLA, support@eazybi.com

1 Like