JIRA: Need help showing the # of times an issue has been sent to a specific status

Hello,

New to these forums, thanks in advance. I am trying to create the MDX formula for a measure that sums the total # of times an issue in JIRA has been set to a specific status.

I’ve gotten as far as this (see below). It is pulling every status transition from the ‘Pending’ status to another status. This is partially correct based on our workflow, but it is pulling all status transitions from ‘pending.’ I only want it to show the number of times an issue has been sent specifically to ‘In Progress1.’ Every other MDX combination I tried broke the formula or removed the measure from the table entirely. What am I missing?

NonZero(
([Measures].[Transitions to status], [Transition Status].[Pending])
)

Aggregate(
Except(
[Transition to Status].[In Progress2]

You are using a tuple in the first calculation where you count Transitions To Status Pending. You can use a measure Transitions From Status to count transitions from Pending.

However, if you would like to address a particular status change from Pending to In Progress 1 you would like to use Transition dimension instead of Transition status dimension. ith Transition dimension you can specify exact status transfers:
([Measures].[Transitions to status], [Transition].[Pending => In Progress])

With Transition dimension, you can use both measure Transitions to status and Transitions from status to count status changes.

Please check if the Transition name is used correctly.

Daina / support@eazybi.com