Map new data from excel to existing data in easyBI

Hi,

Is there a way to map JIRA project names to new project names and create a completely new list of projects and new hierarchy from an excel file.

Projects

In JIRA, we have project names in different format and we want to structure them to give more meaningful reports for management.

I have been trying to upload an excel with this data but it fails every time, as i think it might be looking for similar matches in JIRA.

Hi,

With a feature of eazyBI starting from version 6.1, you can create custom hierarchies in the Project dimension by the property value: Create reports - eazyBI for Jira

You can map the Tribe field as a new property of the project dimension with the additional data import:
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/jira-issues-import/additional-data-import-into-jira-issues-cube

The limitation, however, is that it is not possible to add several values of the property for a single member with the additional data import. If a project can belong to several tribes, the use case of the hierarchies seems not appropriate.

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

Hi @janis.plume I know that this might be a long time article. but I find this very useful
I have successfully import the data on project level.
Is there any way for us to map this based on the project key not the project name instead ?
Many thanks.

Hi,

Yes, the additional data mapping works if the data source provides the keys of the dimension member. In the case of the Project dimension, the member key in eazyBI is the same as the project key in Jira.

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

1 Like