Need to filter rows on a report where one or more columns are empty

I have a report that lists all the bugs on a specific product. I would like to filter the report to only show the bugs that have one or more of 3 columns that are empty.

The columns are custom fields - symptoms, trigger, workaround. If all of these have a value, I would like to not show on the report. If any of these are blank, I’d like for it to be on the report.

Please help how this could be achieved. Thank you in advance!

Hi @aagarwal,

Suppose the mentioned custom fields are imported as dimensions, and you use the Issue dimension in the report rows to display the desired Bug type issue. In that case, you can use a sum of tuples to determine whether any of the three values is empty. eazyBI imports issues under the (none) member if no value is specified in the custom field imported as a dimension. The calculated measure formula could look similar to the one below:

([Measures].[Issues created],
[Symptoms].[(none)])
+
[Trigger].[(none)])
+
[Workaround].[(none)])

Check if the fields are imported as dimensions and whether their names match the ones in the formulas. After that, you can add the measure to the report and filter the report rows by this measure to be greater than zero. As a result, you should see only issues with at least one of the fields empty.

Please look at our documentation page for more information on defining calculated measures - ​Calculated measures and members.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Thank you for your guidance.