Progress Burnup on Issue Hierarchy

Hello,

We have on Jira this custom Field progress that is used to store a value between 0 and 100.
We use it to indicate the progress of a project, epic, story…

We are trying to create a burnup chart for this custom field for a whole jira Projet.
To consolidate all known progress values and display progress on time to reach 100%.

Is there any way to do it with Eazybi ?
Thanks for any information or advice.

Hi @pchampet

For a Burnup chart, you’ll need the historical values of this field. Make sure that you are importing the historic changes for this field: Import issue change history

When this is done, head to the import options and select the “Import as measure” and “Import value change” options and trigger the import.

You can then proceed to build a similar chart to this one from our demo account: Story points burn-up in epic over time - Issues - Jira Demo - eazyBI
Instead of the “Story Points history” measure, you’ll use the “Progress history” measure.
You can “Add calculated” → “Linear trend” for this measure in your report to see at which trend is your progress growing over time, see an example here: Average resolution time and trend (Lead time)

You can also define a new calculated measure “Project 100% progress” which will hold the maximum possible progress value of all your issues combined. If I understand correctly, each Issue that has an assigned progress value has a maximum possible progress value of 100, so you can use a formula that will multiply the number of issues with a value in this field by 100:

(
  [Measures].[Progress created],
  [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember
) * 100

Let me know if this fits your use case!

Best regards,
Nauris / eazyBI support

Hi Nauris,
Thanks a lot for your answer, it seems to be exactly what I am looking for.

But I think I miss a step, as I have no measure for Issue with Progress created.
I import my progress as a measure, a property, and I have the value changes as well.

I am able to find the progress created, Progress history, Progress Created over time, but not the Issue with Progress created.

I am missing something?

Hi @pchampet

Sorry about that. It should be the “Progress created” measure. I’ll fix the formula in the original answer.

Let me know if you have any additional questions on this!
Best regards,