Questions about the release report example usage

Hello eazybi staff or other experts

I am having a report that uses the release report example (Version releases - Issues - Jira Demo - eazyBI) to show resolved issues per quarter. The release dates are set, but they are not following normal calendar quarter end dates. So for example end of 2023-Q2 is 7th of July i.s.o. 30 June. This because of the process behind the closing of a business quarter…it is never exactly on the calendar quarter end.

For the chart type as per example, this is not an issue at all, but once the chart type becomes a table, the jira issue that have been resolved between 1st and 7th of July are not counted in the parent view of July. When you expand July, you will see only 7 July and that row will count correctly all the issues of Q2. So when collapsed, July will show all Q2 issues minus those issues resolved in July. The total of the child row doesn’t match the total of the parent row.

I guess the time dimension sees the issues resolved in July as Q3 issues, while the "Resolved issues in version at release level measure is calculating the all in the release. In table format is seems to generate a mismatch?

Please assist. Thanks in advance
Jurgen

Hi @Jlf4EazyBi ,
I checked the report with the custom time hierarchy, and the result is correct.

Can you please share the print screen to illustrate your problem better, and please include how you aggregate your business quarters in the report?

Best,
Gerda // support@eazybi.com

Hi @gerda.grantina , thanks for your reply.
See screenshot—the total of resolved issue at in version at release date is 10 for July 2023, while expanding July shows total of 15 on the 7th.

The release dates determine the business quarter so no specific aggregation in eazybi

As you can see the business quarter is not following the calendar quarter. This is due to the Quarterly business review process behind it.
I hope this is sufficient input. Pls let me know if you need more.
Thanks and regards
Jurgen