Questions regarding exclude specific labels and fixVersions

Hi,
I’m fairly new to eazyBI. I found some related topics but somehow they are not helping me at all.
The situation:

• I have 2 very similar charts in the dashboard, each shall show the number of open issues, created issues and resolved issues per week (so initially both of them show the same chart)
  • In my Columns I activated the specific Jira-Measures “Issues created”, “Issues closed” and “Open Issues”
  • In my Rows there is the time (weekly time hierarchy)
  • As Pages, I configured “Issues Type”, “Label”, “Fix Version” and “Priority”

So far so good. The charts basically showing the exact right thing. Now I want to modify each of the 2 charts in the following way:

• For diagram 1: The issues that are used to calculate those measures shall not be from several specific labels, in my this “EOL” and “Others”
  • For diagram 1: The issues that are used to calculate those measures shall not be from several specific fixVersion, in this case “Idea”

I tried several things with calculated members on the Pages, but i get results that i dont understand:

For the labels, I tried for Labels-Page

• Aggregate(Except(Except([Label].[Label].Members, [Label].[Others]), [Label].[EOL])

• The Page-dropdown looks good but if I drill through a data point (measure: Issues open) i get per issue each label counted instead of only each issue counted (so i get a much greater number than there are) and i have also a EOL-labeled issues in the result

• ([Label].DefaultMember - [Label].[EOL] - [Label].[Others])

• Somehow this seems to work in the drill-through. Why does this work? Is this

In General, how do I achieve my goal in a clean way so I can choose in the dropdown properly and filter out the labeled issues correctly?
How would this look like for Fix Versions since there are more hierarchies?

Similar the 2nd diagram, but vice versa:

• For diagram 2: The issues that are used to calculate those measures shall only be labeled as EOL and not Others
  • For diagram 2: The issues that are used to calculate those measures shall not be from several specific fixVersion, in this case “Idea”

I tried it with the labels similar to chart 1

• [Label].[EOL] - [Label].[Others])
  • For weeks in the past I get negative values which somehow makes sense, but how do I get only EOL-labeled and not Others-labeled issues into the measures?

Thank you very much.

Hi @eschondor

Aggregate and except would work nicely with single-select custom field dimension members imported in eazyBI.

However, “Fix Version” and “Label” both are multi-value custom fields (more than 1 value per issue possible) which complicates the calculation steps for the query.

For example, would you exclude issues that have only one of two labels, or do you need to exclude only those issues that have both labels: EOL and Others?
In some cases, the results might appear double-counted and wrong if you create calculations with.
There would be ways to use MDX and create a calculated measure which goes through Issue dimension members and returns each issue just once (if it belongs to the right scenario) but it is very often a complex iteration through all imported issues, which can end with the timeout if the report structure is quite packed with dimensions and filters as well if you import a large number of issues.

That is why I would recommend exploring possibilities to use Javascript in advanced settings to define a new calculated field, which would return boolean value for each issue (during import) - dependin on the scenario with labels and fix versions.
Then you could import this calculated field as a separate dimension and filter the results much faster in the report.

Try finding some examples in our documentation page.
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/custom-fields/javascript-calculated-custom-fields

Martins / eazyBI support

Hi @martins.vanags,

thank you very much. It took me a while since I have no permission for our enterprise instance to edit those configurations. But it works very well.

I’ve added the custom fields as dimensions. Can I hide these dropdown-fields in the chart itself so the user who visit the dashboard don’t get bothered with those options?

Erik

Hi Erik,

One way to solve this would be incorporating dimension filters in the calculation (by creating new calculated measures using tuples)
Then you could leave these dimensions outside the report, but calculation would still be pointing to the specific member for the dimension.

Martins / eazyBI support