Reports for Issues with specific text in Component-Name

Hi,

I am frustrated and almost about to give up the hopes :frowning: so your guidance would be very much appreciated.

I have multiple projects where I used the convention to name part of my components after Site 1, Site 2, Site London, etc. The rest of the components are ‘product’ names.

I need now various reports against components where component-name has Site in it. For example, issues per Site with breakdown of priority e.g etc. I don’t want reports to have full list of components (which is natively available in JIRA).

Thanks & Regards.
Volkan

Hi @daina.tupule,

You seem to be quite active in the forum. Could you please have a look into my question above?

Thanks in advance.
Kind Regards.

Hi @volkanoz ,
For this use case, the best would be to create a JavaScript customfield where you can create your business logic that you are looking for.
In the documentation, you can find a starting point of how to import component as dimension:

[jira.customfield_eazybicomponent]
name = "Component"
data_type = "string"
multiple_values = true
split_by = ","
dimension = true
javascript_code = '''
issue.fields.customfield_eazybicomponent = issue.fields.components;
'''

You can either adjust the JavaScript code to filter only components that you would like to see or create an aggregate in the newly created dimension.

Aggregate(
  Filter(
    [Component].[Component].Members,
    [Component].CurrentMember.Name MATCHES "LEFT.*"
  )
)

In the report:

You can also see Daina’s presentation about MDX vs JavaScript: Behind Complex Filters.

best,
Gerda

1 Like