REST data import with a POST method

Hi dear community,
is there a way to use the REST API data import with the POST method? Using with a payload header?
Thanks and regards

Hi @Alexander_Eck

Welcome to the eazyBI community page.

It would not be possible to use POST methods to import data via REST API.
Perhaps, you could share more details about your use-case how would you expect that to work exactly.

Martins / eazyBI team

Martins,
the new generation of Tempo reports for worklogs and plans are based on REST endpoints that listen to the POST method only. E.g. from the endpoint below you will get all plans that match the conditions of a Jira project, a Tempo Team, a single user within a given time period.

http://localhost:8080/rest/tempo-planning/1/plan/search

with the payload of:

{“from”:“2019-04-01”,“to”:“2019-05-18”,“projectKey”:[“AKA”,“TO”],“teamId”:[22],“worker”:[“mike”,“owen”]}

Hope that helps to understand one of the usecase that I am aiming for. However for a periodically import I would need to determine the date period dynamically somehow.
Best regards

Alexander,

Thank you for the details provided. We have in our backlog also the feature for the POST endpoints to be supported for REST API data sources. Not yet any estimate of when it might happen, unfortunately.

On the positive side, we plan to proceed with the Tempo Planner data import as the standard integration later this year. That should cover the use case you are trying to implement with the REST API data import.

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

Janis,
thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.
BR

Hi. Was this implemented after all? I need to import some data with a service that only supports POST
Thanks,

Juan

Hi @jgiraldo1

It is not implemented in eazyBI yet.
Neither I can share any estimates for this improvement.

Martins / eazyBI team

Hi @Alexander_Eck
​I wanted to let you know that we have released eazyBI version 6.6 recently. We included the support of POST requests for the REST API applications in this version.
Please see a list of all changes: Changelog - eazyBI for Jira.

Let me know if there is anything else we can help you with!
best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com