To identify testcases mapped to testexecution based on Test label

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find the count of testcases mapped to test execution based on the label (e.g UI_Functional, UI_Regression). Can you please help with the measure. i have created a custom field as below

[jira.customfield_11111]
name=“Tests association with a Test Execution”
dimension = true
multiple_values = true
data_type=“string”
split_by=","

thank you very much in advance
Raj

Hi @rajm,

This is quite an ambiguous use case and the solution is based on the source data.

1. From the code example, I understand that you have Jira. Do you also use any testing apps, for example, Xray?
  2. How Tests and Test Executions are mapped in Jira? Do you use issue links or some custom fields?
  3. Have you already built a report that you are looking forward to improving with the Label filter?

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

HI Zane,

thanks for the reply.

1. Yes . I use xray for test management
  2. I use custom links.
    customfield id = “custmofield_11222”
    customfieldname>Test association with a TestExecution</customfieldvalue
    custmofieldvalues
    customfieldvalue>[ABC-2821, ABC-2822, ABC-2823]</customfieldvalue
    /customfieldvalues
  3. I have used a measure which is counting the testcases based on the label in test execution instead of label on Tests
    ([Measure].[Xray Test Runs],[Label].[UI_Regression])

thanks in advance for your help
Raj

Thanks, @rajm, for additional information!
Xray test run-related measures like “Xray Test Runs” are grouped by Test Execution fields by default (see documentation: Xray Test Management).

However, you can create a calculated measures (in Measures section) to change the relation of the “Label” dimension and measure “Xray Test Runs”.

The expression might look like this:

Sum(
 --filter set of Tests
 Filter(
  Descendants([Xray Test].CurrentMember,[Xray Test].[Test]),
  --Test issue has selected Label
  DefaultContext((
   [Measures].[Xray Tests created],
   [Xray Test].CurrentHierarchyMember,
   [Label].CurrentHierarchyMember
  )) > 0 ),
 --sum up test runs ignoring Component assigned to Test Execution
 ([Measures].[Xray Test Runs],
 [Label].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember)
)

Here are few more topics on similar use cases how to analyse Xray test runs by Test fields, not Test Execution fields:

Hi Zane,

thanks for the reply .
It worked and provided the count of tests for the label selected as expected.

However, when clicked on the “Drill through Issue” even on small count, i was not able to view the tests details.
I received the error popup “There was error when performing your request. Please retry or go to other page.”

Is this related to increasing the heap memory?.

thanks in advance
Raj

@zane.baranovska
thanks for the reply .
It worked and provided the count of tests for the label selected as expected.
However, when clicked on the “Drill through Issue” even on small count, i was not able to view the tests details.
I received the error popup “There was error when performing your request. Please retry or go to other page.”

Can you please suggest how i could see the test details using “Drill through Issue” .

thanks
Raj

Hi @zane.baranovska , I have a similar situation,.
I need to obtain all Xray Test Executed of every Xray Test Plan with label “Sportbooks-Performance”. I’m using it Label as Pages.
I´m using eazy for jira and Xray.

Can you please help me?

Regards,
Gustavo