Transition from filter to measure

Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to filter a report and then somehow get a matching measure.
for example, I take issue created, and I filter it to bugs only. then I chose reporter ‘David’. then I filter from the current year and get a result. (For the example let’s assume that my rows contain my teams and I want to see how many bugs were created by ‘David’ on my teams this year.)
and now I want to compare this to how many bugs were reported by ‘David’ last year or reported by ‘John’ this year.
once I will change the filters the entire table will change. so, I want to know how I can keep the first state while adding another one, and if there is a way to transfer the current filtered situation that I am happy with, to a measure than I can then view with a click on a button, then repeat the process so I can compare.
Thanks in advance!

Hi @nadavb97

Welcome to eazyBI community.

You could explore standart calculations for measures, such as “year ago” to calculate the results for the selected measure year ago.

https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/create-reports#Createreports-Addstandardcalculationsbasedonaselectedmeasure

You can also try to bookmark specific members for the report and then calculate report for them.

Check this video recording from a presentation to better understand MDX and report filters Training videos on specific topics

Martins / eazyBI

1 Like