Trouble rolling up a calculation

Hello, I am trying to roll up a calculation. I originally tested the calculation with Issue rows. The logic worked if I was displaying a single Jira issue as a row.

CASE
WHEN (([Measures].[Remaining estimated hours with sub-tasks] = 0) AND
            (([Measures].[Original estimated hours with sub-tasks] - [Measures].[Hours spent with sub-tasks]) > 0) )
THEN
         ([Measures].[Original estimated hours with sub-tasks] - [Measures].[Hours spent with sub-tasks])
END

Next, I wanted to roll this up by day. So I tried the following, but no results come back. Is there any advice you can give me?

Cache(
  SUM(Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
      CASE
      WHEN (([Measures].[Remaining estimated hours with sub-tasks] = 0) AND
            (([Measures].[Original estimated hours with sub-tasks] - [Measures].[Hours spent with sub-tasks]) > 0) )
      THEN
         ([Measures].[Original estimated hours with sub-tasks] - [Measures].[Hours spent with sub-tasks])
      END
     )
)

Thank you!
Joel

Something that I have noticed is that the ‘Remaining estimated hours with sub-tasks’ does not seem to be a measure. Is there a way that I can turn it into one? On the data import, I can see where I can request the Original Estimate can be brought in (although I don’t have it check, but it still seems to work). I have checked the ‘Import issue change history’ option on the data import. That might be why my original estimate works, but doesn’t explain why my remaining doesn’t.

On this page: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/jira-issues-import/jira-core-measures-and-dimensions it states that Remaining estimated hours is supposed to be a measure. But I am not seeing any values even when I take out the conditional statements. Also, Remaining hours and Remaining overestimated hours don’t seem to be available. Which version of easyBI where those introduced in?

Any eazyBI measure is related to Time and might have a different usage when Time is used in the report. The formula might not work as expected with Time dimension in a report.

Measure Original estimated hours shows planed estimated hours at the issue creation date.
Measure Remaining estimated hours shows remaining Time for unresolved issues mapped to Due date. If an issue does not have a due date, the remaining estimated hours do not appear on the timeline.
Measure Hours spent shows spent time at the moment when a user sets this work.
Please see more about how default measures work in reports.

Please check out how Time dimension might impact reports in this training video.

In the formula, you might want to ignore time for those measures using them in a tuple with time default member. You would like to set when the value for any issue should show up as well on a timeline. The formula below will show the total value (overestimation or underestimation) on issue creation date:

Sum(Filter(
  Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
  DateInPeriod(
    [Measures].[Issue created date],
    [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember
  )),
  NonZero(
  ([Measures].[Remaining estimated hours],
  [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember)
  +
  ([Measures].[Hours spent],
  [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember)