Unexpected result for average days in transition

Hi all!
I’ve created this report to calculate the average days in a transition status for issues and to know the total average:

but I’m not sure of the results, the average measure shouldn’t be calculated as shown in the calculator?
PR-1054 shows the total days / 2 as it result 2 separate transitions, don’t know if this can affect the total.
I’ve added the 2nd and 3rd columns to check the numbers.

Another question, is it possible to count the total number of the rows? not the values but the number (in this case 6 that is the same of the transitions count but it could be different in other cases).

Thank you,
Emiliano

Hi @emiliano

The calculation of Average days in transition status is the following:

​  [Measures].[Days in transition status] /
  [Measures].[Transitions from status]

​In you screenshot you have selected measure “Transitions from status issue count”, which will always return value 1 when used with Issues in Rows. You should select the measure “Transitions from status” to see how many transitions there were, to calculate the average.

​To count the Rows, you could try creating a calculated measure with the following formula :
count(VisibleRowsSet())

​Best wishes,
Elita from support@eazybi.com

Hi Elita,
thanks for clarifications, using other measures I can see why it returns that value.

I tried to use the function you posted but it returns an error, it seems that function is not supported:

is it possible?

Thank you,
Emiliano

it was a problem of jira version, now we’ve updated it and it’s available.

Thank you,
Emiliano

1 Like