Version Report predicted date won't show?

I’m using the demo Version Report and for some reason it won’t show the predicted completion date trend line fully -

The predicted date is clearly later than the 2nd Feb in this example, but won’t display on the report. The only thing I have changed is that I am just using the Fix version as a page filter, nothing else.

The measurement taken from the Eazybi demo chart:

--annotations.group=Predicted
Case When
  DateInPeriod(
    Now(),
    [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)
Then
  'Today - ' 
  || + Format(Now(), 'Medium Date')
When
      DateInPeriod(
        [Fix Version].CurrentHierarchymember.Get('Release date'),
Then
   'Version release - ' 
  || + Format([Fix Version].CurrentHierarchymember.Get('Release date'), 'Medium Date')
When 
  DateInPeriod(
    [Measures].[Predicted completion date],
Then
  Case when
      DateInPeriod(
        [Fix Version].CurrentHierarchymember.Get('Release date'),
     Then
       'Predicted/Version date - ' 
      || Format([Measures].[Predicted completion date], 'Medium Date')
    Else
  'Predicted date - ' 
  || Format([Measures].[Predicted completion date], 'Medium Date')
  End
End

- this is the table view

Hi @samantha,

By default, the Time dimension has a date if there is some activity on that date. Future dates often are not added as only a few planned activities are imported, like Issue due dates, Sprint end date, Version release dates, etc.

When building reports that represent predictions, we recommend adding future dates to Time dimension.
Please see the documentation on how to do this: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/create-reports#Createreports-AddmemberstoTimedimension.

Best,
Zane / suuport@eazyBI.com

1 Like

Ahh - thank you so much. I was a little confused about the Time dimension - it works perfect now.

Hi @samantha ,
I wanted to let you know that we have released eazyBI version 6.5 this summer. In this version, we included the option to add Time members dynamically during the import.

Please see a list of all changes: Changelog - eazyBI for Jira.

best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com