Why are the counts bigger for dormant issues? They should be a subset of the selection

I’m trying to do a subset of the number of “live” tickets which have the label Dormant attached. There is no way the number of Dormant issues can be more than the “active” issues. So it must be doing a second full table slice instead of taking from the criteria already established. I can’t get an AND to work or a Filter because it keeps saying there is no matching function for member AND member or Filter (Member, Member)…

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Leeland

Hi,
The Dormant issues might not work as expected (more than Active) because the two measures refer to different fields for filtering the issue count. The measure for Dormant issues checks the label, but it returns issues in any status. On the other hand, the Active Achievements are strictly limited to the list of statuses.

You might need to check if the status filtering should be applied to measure the Dormant issues.

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

After I have made the two calculated measures shouldn’t they work in a tuple? Like this:

([Measures].[Active Advisements], [Measures].[Dormant Issues])

I tried this and it gives blank (empty) results even though I know there are a handful of issues that have the Dormant label and are active.

Tuples must not have members from the same dimension (Measures).

Please, create the aggregated members in respective dimensions. Then the formula for measures would be the following tuple:

([Measures].[Issues created],
[Label].[Dormant Issues],
[Status].[Active Advisements])

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

1 Like