0% not shown in report

I am trying to create a report showing the % of resolved incidents. I have created the following calculated field:
Resolved (%) = [Measures].[Issues resolved] / [Measures].[Issues created]

This works fine, except if the Issues resolved is empty. then the resolved field is also empty when it should be 0%. I have played around with iif and isempty with no luck so far.

Also I would like to see the trend per week. So the above % of resolved incidents for this week, last week etc. How is this possible taking into consideration all tickets, not just those created in a certain week?

Thank you!

I solved this one myself in the meantime with the following calculated field:
CASE WHEN
[Measures].[Issues RESOLVED] > 0
THEN
[Measures].[Issues resolved]
/
[Measures].[Issues created]
ELSE
END

Suggestion for product improvement: I should be able to show or exclude the 0% rather than it just being hidden

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion. A shorter version to show zero instead of the empty measure value is by using the CoalesceEmpty function:

CoalesceEmpty([Measures].[Issues resolved],0)

It is also recommended to check if the divider is not zero whenever you perform division. The formula of your calculation could look like this:

CASE WHEN
[Measures].[Issues created]>0
THEN
CoalesceEmpty([Measures].[Issues resolved],0)/[Measures].[Issues created]
END

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

1 Like

Hi Janis,

Could you please tell me how to check if the divider is not “zero” whenever performing division for the same query.

Thanks,
Vikrant Singh

Hi,

The formula with the CASE WHEN checks that the Issues created are not zero (in this case, greater than zero). Your solution checks that Issues resolved are not zero, which in some cases may lead to division by zero since the divider is Issues created.

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support