Accurately Representing Closed Measures

In the above image, I am trying to report, both on how many issues were closed in Q1 so far, & how much time was spent on those issue.

As you can see by the last line, there is value in hours spent, but no issues have been closed. In looking into the ticket that is being calculated for hours spent, I have confirmed this ticket is not closed yet.

I can try to filter by tickets that are closed, however my concern is if I am running this report sometime after the end of Q1, it will slow me tickets that have been closed outside of Q1.

I am trying to set this report up, to show me issues that were closed within Q1.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Hi @jeffb,

The measure “Hours spent” combined with the Time dimension will display the worked hours from all the issues in the cube in that period. If you are looking for hours spent in that period in issues that have been closed in that period, please create a new calculated measure. Please have a look at the formula below:

Sum(
  Filter(
    Descendants([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
    DateInPeriod(
      [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.get('Closed at'),
      [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember
    )
    AND [Measures].[Issues closed] > 0
  ),[Measures].[Hours spent]
) 

For some issues closed in the selected period, the work could be logged outside the period. In that case, you could alter the formula and make the measure “Hours spent” ignore the currently selected period. Please replace [Measures].[Hours spent] with a tuple of the measure and the Time dimension default member ([Measures].[Hours spent],[Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember) in the formula.

Please have a look at the picture below:

The calculated measure “Hours Spent on Closed issues All Time” has the tuple with the Time dimension default member and the measure “Hours spent”. As you can see, for some assignees, the calculated values differ. The difference is in those issues in which hours were logged outside the currently selected period - Q1 2020.

Please have a look at our documentation page for more information on calculated measures - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-measures-and-members#Calculatedmeasuresandmembers.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Hi Roberts,

Taking your suggestion into account, it appears the hours spent for all time, is a rounded number. Other than changing to minutes, how would I get a more accurate hourly representation without rounding?

Hi @jeffb,

You can change the representation of the calculated measures by editing them and changing the formatting. Please have a look at the documentation page for more information on this - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-measures-and-members#Calculatedmeasuresandmembers-Formatting.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com