Actual and past year, issues created weekly

Hi,
I am doing this graph in excel and I am wondering if it is possible to do it in EazyBI

I have some problems,
When I am listing this year, weekly issues created, not all actual year weeks appear
Year week do not match and year ago function is not printing well

Thanks

Hi @aelexpuru

​I recommend using Standard calculation (learn more here -Create reports) using “Time ago” → “Year Ago” option. See screenshot below of how it might look:

​Best wishes,
​Elita from support@eazybi.com

Hi @Elita.Kalane,

Thanks for your answear, but, using “year ago” option, I can’t display all the weeks of the previous year :slightly_frowning_face:

Thanks

Hi @aelexpuru

The reason all weeks of the previous year are not showing up might be because your report does not show the future dates (hence, the previous year cannot be picked up).

By default, eazyBI adds members to the Time dimension only if there is some activity on that date. Future dates often are not added as the only action that usually is in the future is the Issue due dates or Sprint end date. In some cases, some past dates also could be missing due to the lack of activity per day. Nevertheless, if you would like to add future dates or fill in gaps for the past, you can add members to the Time dimension manually.
See details here Time dimension.

Or you can adjust import options and add date members for future date range automatically during data import: details:Data from Jira.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this!
Kind regards,

Elita from support@eazybi.com

Hi @Elita.Kalane ,
Why does not all weeks appear?
38 of 52 only appear, is any way to visualice 52?

Thanks

Hi @aelexpuru

Please try disabling the “Hide empty rows” and see if all weeks are displayed?

Best,

Hi @Elita.Kalane

they are not displayed

Thanks

Hi @aelexpuru

I see you are filtering your report by weeks. You might have selected the week filter before adding the new/future weeks and the filter is not refreshed. Since the list in the filter is quite long, I can’t see what exactly is selected in the Time filter.

I recommend filtering your report by a full year, as I’ve shown in the screenshot below, rather than weeks. This will be a safer option to ensure that all weeks of 2023 are included.

Best wishes,

HI @Elita.Kalane
The same happens

Thanks

Hi @aelexpuru

Thanks for confirming.
If you did the manual import of future dates, could you please try importing the range of full-year through import options (instructions here Data from Jira point nr 5)?

If this still doesn’t solve the problem, please export and share the definition of your eazyBI report and send it to support@eazybi.com
instructions on how to export the report definition:
Export and import report definitions

Best wishes,

Hi, here the definition:
{
“cube_name”: “Issues”,
“cube_reports”: [ {
“name”: “JSM - Incidencias tipo error creadas por semana”,
“folder_name”: “Incidencias”,
“result_view”: “line_chart”,
“definition”: {“columns”:{“dimensions”:[{“name”:“Measures”,“selected_set”:[“[Measures].[Issues created]”,“[Measures].[Issues created year ago]”],“members”:[{“depth”:0,“name”:“Issues created year ago”,“full_name”:“[Measures].[Issues created year ago]”,“drillable”:false,“calculation_of”:“[Measures].[Issues created]”,“calculation”:“time_ago_year”,“format_string”:“#,##0”}]}]},“rows”:{“dimensions”:[{“name”:“Time”,“selected_set”:[“[Time.Weekly].[2023]”],“selected_set_expression”:“DescendantsSet({{selected_set}}, [Time.Weekly].[Week])”,“members”:[],“bookmarked_members”:[]},{“name”:“Request Type”,“selected_set”:[“[Request Type].[Incidencias Ksoft]”],“members”:[],“bookmarked_members”:[]}]},“pages”:{“dimensions”:[{“name”:“Time”,“duplicate”:true,“selected_set”:[“[Time.Weekly].[All Times]”],“members”:[{“depth”:0,“name”:“All Times”,“full_name”:“[Time.Weekly].[All Times]”,“drillable”:true,“type”:“all”,“expanded”:true,“drilled_into”:false},{“depth”:1,“name”:“2023”,“full_name”:“[Time.Weekly].[2023]”,“drillable”:true,“expanded”:true,“drilled_into”:false,“parent_full_name”:“[Time.Weekly].[All Times]”}],“bookmarked_members”:[],“current_page_members”:[“[Time.Weekly].[2023]”]}]},“options”:{},“view”:{“current”:“line_chart”,“maximized”:false,“line_chart”:{“area”:false,“swap_axes”:false,“data_labels”:false,“series_options”:{“Issues created”:{“color”:“#F95E16”}}},“table”:{}},“calculated_members”:[]}
} ],
“calculated_members”: [{“name”:“issues created year ago”,“dimension”:“Measures”,“formula”:“(\n[Measures].[Issues created],\nParallelPeriod(\n [Time].CurrentHierarchy.Levels(‘Year’), +1,\n [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember\n)\n)”,“format_string”:“”},{“name”:“Incidencias Ksoft”,“dimension”:“Request Type”,“formula”:“[Request Type].[Express incident]+\n[Request Type].[Report aplication error]”,“format_string”:“”}]
}
Thanks

Hi @aelexpuru

Thanks for sharing your report definition!
Could you please try updating your import option settings to

between now and 1 year from now

example in screenshot below:

Best wishes,

Hi @Elita.Kalane ,
thanks, know is working well!!

1 Like