Add fiscal week

Is there a way of showing fiscal weeks in time? I’m looking at being able to report things on a fiscal week rather than standard week and can’t see this option. I’m very new to eazyBI so forgive me if this is an obvious thing! :slight_smile:

Hi @AnthonyB,

Time dimension has several hierarchies - default, Weekly and Fiscal. Currently, there is no default way to define fiscal calendar by weeks and days - by default you can only define to start the fiscal year in another month.

We have a feature of this in our development backlog to create a Fiscal weekly hierarchy, but I can not provide any estimates. We will post an update here in this conversation when anything changes.

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

thanks for the response. I’ll just wait for the new features when they get done then.

Hi @zane.baranovska has this moved any closer to being released yet? It would be such a useful feature for me and I’m sure many other users too.

Hi @AnthonyB,

We haven’t forgotten about adding Fiscal weekly hierarchy to Time dimension and agree with you that it would be a significant improvement. I am sorry to say; it takes more time to develop as we are looking for a more general approach on how to add more custom hierarchies to Time dimension.

Best,

Is that still in reivew?

The first part of supporting functionality to create custom weekly hierarchies in Time is already available (https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/create-reports#Createreports-AddcustomhierarchiestoTimedimension). However, the weekly hierarchy for Fiscal year is not there yet and still on our backlog.
We will post an update in this Community post when Fiscal week functionality is developed and available.

Best,

Hi @AnthonyB ,
I wanted to let you know that we have released eazyBI version 7.0 recently. We included in this version an option to define custom time hierarchies . See the documentation for different examples: Custom time hierarchies

Please see a list of all changes: Changelog - eazyBI for Jira.

best,
Gerda // support@eazybi.com