Assigned in the history of the Issue

Hey,
What if in the Issue, person resolved it but he is not counted in the “issue resolved” measure? He is not assigned to the task anymore because this Issue is resolved :slight_smile:
In the history of the Issue I can see that he resolved it, thus I have a proof :wink:
I used Assignee and as you can see he has 4 created Issues but any resolved.

Do I have to use something different than Assignee? If so, what should I use? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Check this please.
Hopefully I get your question right…
If an issue is not assigned anymore to user “Tomasz” then it is expected it will not be listed under his name - there is no surprise here.

{
  "cube_name": "Issues",
  "cube_reports": [ {
     "name": "transition to closed",
     "folder_name": "VasileS.playground",
     "result_view": "table",
     "definition": {"columns":{"dimensions":[{"name":"Measures","selected_set":["[Measures].[Transitions to status]"],"members":[]}]},"rows":{"dimensions":[{"name":"Status","selected_set":["[Status.Category].[Done].[Closed]"],"members":[],"bookmarked_members":[]},{"name":"Transition Author","selected_set":["[Transition Author].[All Transition Authors]"],"members":[{"depth":0,"name":"All Transition Authors","full_name":"[Transition Author].[All Transition Authors]","drillable":true,"type":"all","expanded":true,"drilled_into":false}],"bookmarked_members":[]}]},"pages":{"dimensions":[{"name":"Status","duplicate":true,"selected_set":["[Status.Category].[All Statuses by category]"],"members":[{"depth":0,"name":"All Statuses by category","full_name":"[Status.Category].[All Statuses by category]","drillable":true,"type":"all","expanded":true,"drilled_into":false},{"depth":1,"name":"Done","full_name":"[Status.Category].[Done]","drillable":true,"expanded":true,"drilled_into":false,"parent_full_name":"[Status.Category].[All Statuses by category]"},{"depth":2,"name":"Closed","full_name":"[Status.Category].[Done].[Closed]","parent_full_name":"[Status.Category].[Done]"}],"bookmarked_members":[],"current_page_members":["[Status.Category].[Done].[Closed]"]}]},"options":{},"view":{"current":"table","maximized":false,"table":{"row_dimension_headers":{"Status":true,"Transition Author":true}}},"calculated_members":[]}
  } ],
  "calculated_members": []
}

Kind regards,
Vasile S.

In my case, your measure shows whenever Tomasz has been resolving tasks?

Ups… I was wrong… :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: I expected to see that an user (let it be “Tomasz”) has been transitioned X issues to status “Closed” (because the filtering in PAGES). Instead I see the number of transitions Tomasz was performed (to any status) throughout issue’s lifecycle (workflow).

See this:

{
     "name": "transition to closed 2",
     "definition": {"columns":{"dimensions":[{"name":"Measures","selected_set":["[Measures].[Transitions to status]"],"members":[]},{"name":"Transition Status","selected_set":["[Transition Status].[Closed]"],"members":[],"bookmarked_members":[]}]},"rows":{"dimensions":[{"name":"Transition Author","selected_set":["[Transition Author].[All Transition Authors]"],"members":[{"depth":0,"name":"All Transition Authors","full_name":"[Transition Author].[All Transition Authors]","drillable":true,"type":"all","expanded":true,"drilled_into":false}],"bookmarked_members":[]}]},"pages":{"dimensions":[]},"options":{},"view":{"current":"table","maximized":false,"table":{"row_dimension_headers":{"Transition Author":true}}},"calculated_members":[]}
  } ],
}

Now you should see (drill…) the list of issues Tomasz has been transitioned to “Closed”, no matter the current assignee.

I am sorry about this - not enough time to actually check the numbers against Jira.

Kind regards,
VasileS.

No worries, I’m glad you are helping me. I copied this part to my new measure: [Measures].[Transitions to status]"],“members”:[]},{“name”:“Transition Status”,“selected_set”:["[Transition Status].[Closed]"],“members”:[],“bookmarked_members”:[]}]},“rows”:{“dimensions”:[{“name”:“Transition Author”,“selected_set”:["[Transition Author].[All Transition Authors]"],“members”:[{“depth”:0,“name”:“All Transition Authors”,“full_name”:"[Transition Author].[All Transition Authors]",“drillable”:true,“type”:“all”,“expanded”:true,“drilled_into”:false}],“bookmarked_members”:[]}]},“pages”:{“dimensions”:[]},“options”:{},“view”:{“current”:“table”,“maximized”:false,“table”:{“row_dimension_headers”:{“Transition Author”:true}}},“calculated_members”:[]

Transition to status will also work when I want to see how many tickets have created Tomasz and the rest of the guys if they are not assigned anymore?

:confused: I was not expecting you to create any new measure… :smiley: Just import the whole report definition and start building from that, to fulfill your requirements.

There is a “Transitions status” in your “dimensions”, isn’t it? (1)
Select “Transition to status” from “Measures”.
Add “Transition status” dimension in COLUMS section to your report (next to Measures) and select “Category” (2)
Expand the nodes (+) in (3) and select / remove / filter ((4), according to your specs).

Here’s the report definition:

{
     "name": "transition to closed 3",
     "definition": {"columns":{"dimensions":[{"name":"Measures","selected_set":["[Measures].[Transitions to status]"],"members":[]},{"name":"Transition Status","selected_set":["[Transition Status.Category].[Category].Members"],"members":[{"depth":1,"name":"Done","full_name":"[Transition Status.Category].[Done]","drillable":true,"expanded":true,"drilled_into":false}],"bookmarked_members":[]}]},"rows":{"dimensions":[{"name":"Transition Author","selected_set":["[Transition Author].[All Transition Authors]"],"members":[{"depth":0,"name":"All Transition Authors","full_name":"[Transition Author].[All Transition Authors]","drillable":true,"type":"all","expanded":true,"drilled_into":false}],"bookmarked_members":[]}]},"pages":{"dimensions":[]},"options":{},"view":{"current":"table","maximized":false,"table":{"row_dimension_headers":{"Transition Author":true}}},"calculated_members":[]}
  } ],
}

Good luck! :slight_smile:
VasileS.

1 Like

Check this: Issues created in current month by assignee - Issues - Jira Demo - eazyBI

PS do you have these links already?
Analyze - Jira Demo - eazyBI
Analyze - eazyBI Demo Training - eazyBI

V.

Hi @adamsli,

You can also see the number of issues a specific user has changed the resolution. The approach is similar to the one @VasileS already suggested. Excellent advice in his posts!

Use the Transition Author dimension in rows. Then, define a new calculated measure that looks for changes in the Resolution field transitioned to a specific value (“Done” in the specific example). See an example below:

([Measures].[Transitions to issues count],
[Transition Field].[Resolution],
[Resolution].[Done])

The report then would look similar to the one below:

See more details about the measures and dimensions used in the report on the eazyBI documentation page - Import issue change history.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

1 Like

Thanks guys. I will check your solutions in the near future to use it properly in my cases.