Average Resolve Rate for Incident issue type using a custom Actual Start Time field

I am trying to define a measure that is the number of days between the Actual Start Time and Resolved date in Jira.

(Actual Start Time is a custom field that was added to Jira in the Incident issue type to be filled in with the creation date and time of the Incident in our Service Now tool.)

I need help with the actual code to calculate number of days to resolve each ticket.

This measure would then be used to calculate the average days to resolve incidents.

We have an SLA that states that we are to resolve 70% of our incidents in 3 or less days.

We currently manually calculate the average nubmer of days to resolve the 70% of our incidents that were resolved the fastest. Is this a possible calculation that could be accomplished in eazyBI.

Hi @psoulier ,

You can calculate the difference between two dates with the DateDiffDays() function. To consider an average over specific criteria, evaluate a set of issues over the resolution duration with the Avg() function. Please see the suggested formula below:

Avg(
  Filter(
    Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
    Not IsEmpty([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Actual Start Time'))
    AND
    [Measures].[Issues resolved] > 0
  ),
  DateDiffDays(
    [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Actual Start Time'),
    [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Resolved at')
  )
)

Verify the Actual Start Time field property name in the formula and make sure it is imported as an issue property. I recommend using the Issue Type and Issue dimensions on the report pages. The first is to filter for the specific issue type and the second for the desired Project.

See the eazyBI documentation page for more details about the functions used in the calculated measure - MDX function reference.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Thanks Roberts - this worked for the calculation of average resolve rate. The Jira team had to import the fiels as an issue property.

Can you now help me with the 70%?

I am looking for two things:

• What percentage of our tickets were resolved in 3.0 days or less?
  • What is the average resolve rate on the 70% of incidents that were resolved the fastest?

Is this possible with eazyBI? If so, how?