Average time between creation of a certain type of jira

Hi All,

I need to make a statistics to know the average time between the creation of type incidents ina specific project.
How can have these information?
I need to know how much days are passing between the creation of an incident and another and then calculate the average grouping the time as a parameter for example in month, quarter or year.

Can you help me?

thanks

Hi Christina,

Yes, you could create an MDX formula that would find the next bug and with DateDiffDays(…) calculate what is the difference between their creation timestamps. Following formula would show for each issue how many days have passed since creating the previous issue (empty for the first issue)

Avg(Filter(
  IIF(
    [Project].CurrentHierarchyMember.Level.Name = "Project",
    Descendants([Issue].[Project].GetMemberByKey(
      [Project].CurrentHierarchyMember.key
    ), [Issue].[Issue]),
    Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue])
  ),
  [Measures].[Issues created] > 0), 
  DateDiffDays(
  Filter(
    [Issue].CurrentMember.Siblings,
    [Measures].[Issues created] > 0
  ).Item(
  Rank([Issue].CurrentMember, Filter(
    [Issue].CurrentMember.Siblings,
    [Measures].[Issues created] > 0
  ))-2).get("Created at"),
  [Issue].CurrentMember.get("Created at"))
)

If you use this with Project or Time dimension it will show the average difference in days between the issues created in that context - month or project.

Note that in the formula I did not filter the issue type, it is a universal formula for any issue type. If you are particularly interested in incidents, you should put the Issue Type dimension to pages and select to see Incidents only.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay in my answer.
I tested and works perfelcy.
Really many thanks for the solution!
You have saved my time!!!

1 Like

Hi Lauma,

Sorry but I have a problem when I try to filter 1 year of data. The data is not showed and the timout of 60sec arise.

How I can optimize it?

Hi @Cristina_Borgnis!

Could you please, export report definition and send it to support@eazybi.com (please mention you discussed it with me in this community thread). Knowing the full report context will help me to think of what optimization for the formula we could come up with.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Just sent! Many thanks!!!

1 Like

Good Morning,
The same can serve me to be able to obtain the time in days of an issue since its creation that is still in an open state (treatment)
Stay tuned
Thank you