Average workdays in transition status

Hi There,

We are planning to build a report for Average workdays in a status “ready for test” for bugs

I believe there is a predefined measure “Average workdays in transition status” that could help me to built this report. But I really don’t understand how this measure works and how can I build a report.

Could someone please help me to understand how this works and how can I create a report?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers…

Hi @eswar2u

The measure “Average workdays in transition status” is based on the measure “Workdays in transition status”, divided by the number of transitions from the status. This measure excludes the weekends and defined non-working days, thus giving an average amount of working days a group of issues has spent in a status.

For example, you can use it to show the average workdays each Issue Type spent in the Backlog. Please have a look at the picture below:
Screen-Shot-2020-02-27-at-16-37-07

In the sample report, the total workdays each issue type spent in the Backlog doesn’t provide much insight. The average offers an indication that overall, Epics spend more time in the Backlog than any other issue type.

Please have a look at our documentation page for more information on what this measure takes into account - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/jira-issues-import#JiraIssuesImport-Timedimension.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Hi, I was using this report and need the total on the bottom to add up all the “Average workdays in transition status”. Now, the total at the bottom is not adding up all the averages. Any thoughts on how to help? Thank you!

Hi @Nicole_Jay_Martinez ,

Welcome to the eazyBI community! The total row won’t add all the averages. Instead, it returns the average of all the considered issues. The Sum of all averages doesn’t give a relevant insight.
Let us consider the average of two metrics 20/4 = 5 and 12/3 = 4. If you add them both together it is 9. If you consider the average of all issues, the result is different: (20 + 12) / (4 + 3) = 4,57.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com