Avoid a transition to be counted more than one in a week period

Hello everyone.
First of all, in my report I have Time (week) in Rows.

I’m counting the outflow of defects for each week with this formula:

Aggregate({
([Measures].[Transitions From status], [Transition].[Pre-Integration => System Integration])
,([Measures].[Transitions From status], [Transition].[Development => System Integration])
,([Measures].[Transitions From status], [Transition].[Analysis => System Integration])
,([Measures].[Transitions From status], [Transition].[Defect Mng Board => System Integration])
,([Measures].[Transitions From status], [Transition].[Defect Mng Board => Pending for Approval])
,([Measures].[Transitions From status], [Transition].[Initialization => System Integration])
,([Measures].[Transitions From status], [Transition].[Front Desk => System Integration])
,([Measures].[Transitions From status], [Transition].[Development => Pending for Approval])
,([Measures].[Transitions From status], [Transition].[Pre-Integration => Pending for Approval])})

The problem is that if the same transition occurs twice in a week (because for example someone has brought back a defect from system integration to developement) it is counted twice.

Is there any way I can count only the number of issues that had one of these transitions ?

I don’t know if this can help. ANyway if I click on one Table item and then press “Drill through Issue” the “Total value” is wrong but the “row count” is correct.

I need to show the “row count” in my report.

Thanks in advance

Hello everyone,
I’ve solved this specific issue using issues count,
for example
([Measures].[Transitions from status issues count], [Transition].[Pre-Integration => System Integration])

Anyway I’ve another issue. I want to show all open defects with a specific status. I’ve used the following formula:

Aggregate({
  [Status].[Defect Mng Board],
  [Status].[Front Desk],
  [Status].[Waiting for Information],
  [Status].[Analysis],
  [Status].[Development],
  [Status].[Pre-Integration]
})

but it just considers only the defects which had that status in a specific week.
Instead I need to have the total number of defects currently in these statuses.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards
Antonello

Hi,

You are correc: distinct count measures is the way to go in your case!

When [Status] dimension is used, issues are retrieved by their current status only.
On the timeline they are grouped accordingly the measure which is used together with this dimension.
If you would use [Status] dimension together with the first measure you mentioned in your post, it would group issues, currently in one of the selected statuses, by the time they had transitions mentioned in the measure.

If you want count unresolved issues by the current statuses, use Issues created measure (without Time dimension) together with Status dimension.

Best,
Ilze, support@eazybi.com