Burn down chart with predicted burn down line

I’m very much an EazyBI newbie.

We are using Jira to track work. We don’t size work in sprints in any way.

We have a large backlog and want to graph the burn down of these work items to zero.

We have a due date field that records when a work item will be done by.

In Excel - which we are trying to remove - we have a predicted burn down starting at 100 items. Each sprint delivers a different number of work items but we plot the trend line by deducting the estimated work items from the total backlog.

I understand how to plot completed work items but I’m struggling to understand how to plot from one hundred down by the number of items predicted to be completed in each sprint.

I figured I can graph the number predicted to be completed in each sprint using the predicted completion date field but how do I get the initial 100 and plot down from that figure

This isn’t helped by me being a complete klutz at maths…

Thanks for your help!

Hi @Mfitchett ,
A good starting point for your report could be this one from eazyBI demo account: Open Issues Trend - Issues - Jira Demo - eazyBI

Export report definition and import it into your account and make adjustments based on your requirements:

• There you can set your report start and end dates manually or use some formula (check measures “Time within report range”, “report start date” and “report end date”)
  • Then check measure “Open issues ideal burndown” where is a reference for '“Points to burn” where you can set manual number or use the formula.

You might find useful information in my colleague’s presentation Things to Know about the Burn-Down Chart: Training videos on specific topics - eazyBI for Jira

best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com

1 Like