Calculate a percentage of a Feature's Epics that are "Done"

I have a partial view (below) that lists a single feature, and all of its child Epics, and their “issue status”. How can I create a calculation of how many of the features epics have a status of Done vs total number?

Issue Status
+DESIGN-212 feature name In Progress % of Epics Done ?
Epic 807 In Progress
Epic 809 In Progress
Epic 806 In Progress
Epic 607 In Progress
Epic 640 In Progress
Epic 645 In Progress
Epic 619 Done
Epic 635 In Progress
Epic 613 Done
Epic 625 Done
Epic 630 Done

Hi,

The first step is to create the issue hierarchy in eazyBI to reflect the links between Feature and related epics. This step depends on how the links are used in Jira. Please, check the documentation for how to do that or contact support if you need assistance with the configuration. If you use the Jira Portfolio, you need to select the import option to create the portfolio hierarchy.

Once that is done the calculation at the feature level could be the following (Completed epics):

([Measures].[Issues resolved],
 [Issue Type].[Epic])
 /
([Measures].[Issues created],
[Issue Type].[Epic])

That would allow creating a report like this:

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

so that’s most of the way there, but 1) why dont the subtasks/stories that arent at 100% done show a percentage (even in your example). and 2) the math isnt working on this see my top line. It says 210 resolved, 232 created, but only 56% completed?

Hi,

the reason for this behaviour is that the result of the calculation is empty if any of the measures on which the calculation in based is empty. As the formula limits the calculation to the epic issue type, the resolved epics are empty for the tasks and subtasks. The formula like this would be more general solution for the completion ratio calculation:

[Measures].[Issues resolved]
/
[Measures].[Issues created]

it is also possible to redefine that empty results would be converted to zero:

CoalesceEmpty([Measures].[Issues resolved],0)
/
[Measures].[Issues created]

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI suport