Calculate completed story points within period of time on a product level

Hi,

We need to generate some product-level reports with multiple teams working on it. Some teams are working in Scrum, some are using Kanban and there is no common sprints for all the teams.

I want to generate product metrics and the first one: how much story points completed within period of time(2 weeks, month, quarter). The thing is that we don’t have single status for the issue which we treat as “Done”, but there is multiple statuses which I aggregated to “DoneState”. Also I defined a custom time hierarchy of 2 weeks.

So the question is: how can I calculate how much story points(or issues) were moved to a DoneState within given time periods?

I’m trying to modify the solution from this response but getting zero’s:

NonZero(SUM(
Filter(
Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),

( [Transition Status].[DoneState],
[Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember) > 0),
[Measures].[Issue Story Points]
))

Hi @Valerii_Sverdlik,
Here are some improvements for your formula:

1. I added measure Transitions to status, as it indicates that this transition has been done and your formula was missing a measure by which to filter

2. I removed [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember, as you need this measure to be linked with the Time dimension and by removing this line, it will be linked by date when Transitions to status was done.

NonZero(
       SUM(
         Filter(
           Descendants([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
           -- filters issues that has transitioned to status done
           ([Transition Status].[DoneState],
           [Measures].[Transitions to status]) > 0),
         [Measures].[Issue Story Points]
       )
     ) 

best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com